Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on what you can and can’t do are here – updated on 31 July.
The Parish Council has also set up a community self-help arrangement to help see us all through the crisis. We are likely to need to maintain this extra level of support to each other for the foreseeable future, because this is not going to be a short-term challenge.
The purpose of this initiative is to help each other – not just the most vulnerable – because we all may need some sort of help over the next few months, even if we are lucky enough not to fall ill. The closure of some businesses, the disruption to shopping and services together with the partial closure of schools to some year groups is presenting people with all sorts of new difficulties. This is already a notably friendly and neighbourly place to live and between us we have an amazing collection of skills, talents and contacts. There is lot that we can do help each other not just survive but thrive through this strange spring and summer that lies ahead of us.
The kind of help we are thinking about ranges from making a phone call to a neighbour to dispel the isolation blues, to shopping and collecting prescriptions on behalf of those who find themselves needing to be isolated at home.
At the village level the coordinators are:
If you are worried, or need any help, please do contact one of these coordinators.
Please keep looking out for each other!
From the Government
- All the Government’s guidance on coronavirus is at: gov.uk/coronavirus.
From the NHS
If you are vulnerable or at risk and need help with shopping, medication or other essential supplies, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm) or visit the Royal Voluntary Service’s NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme
- The latest stay-at-home advice: nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice
- What is COVID-19?: nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- Common questions and answers on COVID-19 including advice for families, prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment: nhs.uk/common-health-questions/
- NHS 111 (only telephone 111 if you cannot get help online): 111.nhs.uk/covid-19
From the Police
- Wiltshire Police Coronavirus advice: wiltshire.police.uk/article/5909/Coronavirus
From Wiltshire Council
- Wiltshire Council’s COVID-19 information page: wiltshire.gov.uk/public-health-coronavirus
From Mere surgery
- Advice from Mere Surgery website: meresurgery.co.uk