A record 30 million people are being offered the free flu vaccination this year. It is given to people who:
- are 65 and over (including those who’ll be 65 by 31 March 2021)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in a long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
- frontline health or social care workers
It’s more important than ever for people to get their vaccination, to help protect the nation from the double threat of flu and COVID-19 this winter. Further information is available at: nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/.
Or see information from Mere Surgery here.